Thursday, October 25, 2012

Big Things Happening

Hello everyone!
I am so super psyched about the things that are going on for me right now! So I thought I would share them with you!

First, I signed up for my very first art show. I am very excited about this, but also very nervous. It's in three weeks, so I will be so busy preparing for the show. I already have some new creations for the show in the works. As soon as I registered for the show, my mind started racing with ideas and projects. I haven't been able to sleep well for all the ideas in my head! But if I had to lose sleep, at least this time it is for creative reasons! I will take that over losing sleep because of stress any day!!!

Next, my sister sent her Christmas gift to me early. I have been wanting to try my hand at painting. I remember watching Bob Ross paint when I was younger, and that is something I have always wanted to try. So, my dear sister got me a Bob Ross painting set! Bot, was I thrilled to this in the box! I felt like a little kid on Christmas day! This means two things to me: 1. I get to have fun trying something new (which I love to do when it comes to artsy stuff!). and 2. I can use the set to help me paint some things to include in the show! Of course, it also means that my sister really loves me too ;)

Then, in support of what I do, my sister even commissioned me to help her with some custom made Christmas gifts for some special little girls in her life! Now, I'm a pretty sentimental person. So this means more to me than she realizes. It not only means that she likes my work (which is always good to hear), but it shows how much she really supports me trying to do something real with my creativity. That makes this project even more special and more exciting. Can't wait to start on it! I am so loving my sister right now! Thank you, Amy!

Also, my brother and his lady received the box I put together for my soon-to-be-born niece, Olivia. Everything got there in one piece and they liked it all. Any time someone really likes what I have made for them, this is a big deal to me!

Of course, I am still going to be working on some more niece projects because I want to send my nieces hand made gifts from their Titi Betty. Here is one of the latest niece pieces I have created


I couldn't resist the urge to do another tutu! Little girls just look so adorable in these things! And, they are fun to make!

As you can see, it is going to be a pretty busy time for me for a few weeks. But this is a blessing and I'm super psyched about it all. I will be sure to share some of my latest creations with you, so keep an eye out! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment