Monday, May 20, 2013

Keeping Myself Busy

Hi there, blog friends!!!

Hmm, I guess it's been a while since I last updated. I have been trying to keep my mind occupied, which kind of means keeping myself busy! This is my way of dealing with stress. Some people are destructive when they stress, I create! It helps a lot!!! After all, I am still sane (for the most part (;)!

So I have been working on some things for some friends and trying out some other things that I might like to add to my shop.

I finally finished making some wedding stuff for one of my friends

A wishing well card holder

her ring bearer's pillow

These are going to be her wedding souvenirs. They are refrigerator magnets. We wanted to do a souvenir that would not just sit on a shelf or in a junk drawer somewhere and be forgotten about. These can be used and they look pretty! The bride-to-be is pleased with how everything came out!
 
 
Then, I worked on some stuff for another friend.
She really likes angels!

A tip "jar" for her husband, who is a musician.

She wanted something with a lid that is not see-thru. There is a slit in the lid to put money in.

The tip "jar" inspired me to make one for my son. His school gives him little pins and medallions for his achievements. Plus, he gets badges from boy scouts that do not go on his uniform. I wanted to keep everything together to celebrate his achievements, but I didn't know where to put all those little things.

So, I made the little awards box! We will display it next to his trophies and things like that. He really likes it!
 
A decorative wall mask with an Asian theme

A blue decorative wall mask

A purple wall mask
 
I have made these types of masks before. But I found a different way to make them with a better quality clay that is more sturdy.
 
 
magnets my sister ordered

 
a business card holder

a crocheted baby blanket
 
Even Davion decided to contribute to my shop! He did this drawing at school and was very proud of the way it came out. He asked me to add it to my shop to sell. So I made a plastic canvas frame for it and will add it to the shop.

 
 
As you can see, I have been a bit busy keeping myself busy! Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share with you today!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:)FOLLOW YOU NOW! Please check mines If you want we can follow also with facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Milica! I checked out your blog too. Such a fun blog! I follow you too now! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete