Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Goals

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great time with your families and loved ones this holiday season. Ours was quite nice. Peaceful and calm. We didn't do anything spectacular for Christmas or New Years. We just stayed home and enjoyed each other's company while we watched a few movies together. And that was pretty nice.

My Internet was down for a while. Something screwy with our computer was going on and we didn't know how to fix it. But, as you can see, we finally got it together! But it was weird not having Internet for a few days. I felt pretty disconnected to everyone. So that kind of threw me off schedule. But I am back now!

Ok. A new year usually marks the time for new year's resolutions. People make a list of resolutions and attempt to keep them, at least for the first few weeks of the year. What I have noticed though is that people (including myself) rarely keep their new year's resolutions. But I think it is important to have some things in mind that you would like to do differently or improve on for the new year. With this in mind, I have decided that instead of making new year's resolutions, I will make a list of goals that I want to accomplish in this new year. For me, setting a goal is more concrete than making a new year's resolution. Although I do have friends that are the exact opposite - they see resolutions as more concrete than goals. Either way, I think it is important to have some direction for a new year. So, I made my list of new goals for this year.

Here goes (in no particular order):
  • exercise more
  • be more conscious of what and how much I eat
  • take more time to look better (I am a "throw it on and go" type of person. This means that I usually just grab a pair of pants and t-shirt and put my hair in a clip and keep it moving. So this year, I want to make sure to improve on this)
  • stop making excuses for not doing things
  • promote my Etsy shop more http://www.etsy.com/shop/BettysBlock?ref=si_shop
  • increase the quantity and quality of the items in my Etsy shop
  • do more paintings
  • get out of the house more
  • be a better blogger!
  • get more organized
This is what I have so far. I may add on as the year progresses. What kind of goals or resolutions do you have for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment