Sunday, January 20, 2013

Latest Projects

Yesterday, I finally had a chance to go to the Ybor Saturday Market. For those of you not from my area, Ybor is the historic part of town, so it is a very cultural and artsy part. The Saturday Market is a place where local small businesses and vendors go and sell their arts, jewelry, food, services, crafts, plants, and other things. I didn't realize they did this every Saturday. I guess I really don't take advantage of living here!

But anyway, I went to the Saturday Market yesterday. There were so many talented people there! I walked around and talked to some of the vendors while I looked at their items. Usually, I am not the person to strike up conversations with people I don't know. But the atmosphere there was so friendly and inviting that it didn't take much effort to start talking to them. I had a great time! Well, inspired by the talent I saw, I came home and finished up a few projects and did a few paintings. Since I haven't shared any new projects with my friends, I figured this would be a great time to do so!

First, I was asked by a friend to make a set for her niece. She saw my ballerina doll and thought it would be cute to give her niece a doll with a matching tutu for her niece. That way, her niece could dress up like her doll!




 I gave this doll different hair than the others. I like the way it came out!

I had already made some dolls for my nieces before, but I didn't think my daughter would be interested in one. Apparently, I was wrong! She keeps trying to play with this one. So, I will be making her one soon. I will share it with you when it is done!


Now, I know I'm behind in getting something for Valentine's Day ready, but I was trying to think of something cute. I've kind of been in a sort of creative slump lately, so that was a bit of a chore. But I think I came up with something nice here now!

Ta Da! It's a Valentine gift basket!

The colors are red, yellow, and orange, just like fire for a red hot Valentine!




It has felt hearts all over it

You can purchase this red hot gift basket from my Etsy shop!

I did a few paintings yesterday as well. But they are still wet. I don't really want to mess with them while they are still wet. But I will post some pics of the new paintings soon.

And don't forget, there is still time to get in on my giveaway! Tell your friends about it too!

3 comments:

  1. these are adorable...I luv the sound of the market.....I enjoy going to the one in our town...sure hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!! thank you so much for your visit!!
    I follow you!
    Have a good week!

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete