Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Another Niece Project

I love having nieces! Girly stuff is just so cute and so much fun to make! Don't get me wrong, I love my nephews too. But they are all a little older (the oldest is 15) and, there really isn't too much to make for boys.  They aren't easily impressed with handmade stuff, and I can't put frilly little things on a ball for them and expect a good reaction! Eventually, I will think of some really cool stuff to make for boys. But for now, I am having fun making pretty girly things! Which brings me to my latest project...

Before I go on, I would like to say, sisters are great too! The other day, my sister called me for some creative help (I love when she does that!). My niece (the lovely one-year-old Caliyah) is going to be a flamenco dancer for Halloween and my sister wanted a flower or fan or bag or something to go with her pretty flamenco dress. She called and asked if I could come up with something for my niece. Of course, I was thrilled to do so! I saw a picture of her beautiful, frilly, ruffled pink and black flamenco dress and got to work. I decided to make a matching bag that had ruffles on it. She can use the bag as her trick or treat bag. And then, after Halloween, she can use it as her purse. I love making things that are useful or have dual purposes!

I crocheted the bag and lined it with fabric so that nothing pokes out of the holes. Here is her bag.









And just for fun, I thought it would be cool to make something for her hair too!




Now she can clip on her flamenco flower hair clip to go with her bag and dress!! I hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment